The web page www.goesresearchgroup.com (henceforth, the “Website“) is an internet domain that is the property of the Gastrointenstinal Oncology, Endoscopy and Surgery research group (henceforth, “GOES Group“), at the ALTHAIA, XARXA ASSISTENCIAL UNIVERSITÀRIA UNIVERSITÀRIA DE MANRESA, FP. (henceforth, “ALTHAIA“).
The Website is made available to users to facilitate access to information on the marketing of seminars and courses, specifically the course “Training in optical diagnosis of early colorectal cancer” which can be studied online.
2. Who is the data controller?
The table below displays information on the controller of the processing of the personal data provided by users:
|Identity||ALTHAIA, XARXA ASSISTENCIAL UNIVERSITÀRIA UNIVERSITÀRIA DE MANRESA, FP, (henceforth GOES Group)|
|Address||Carrer Dr. Joan Soler, 1-3 Postal code 08243 Manresa, Barcelona – Spain|
|Telephone||+34 93 874 21 12|
3. What is the legal basis for the data processing?
The legal bases for the processing of personal data are:
- The completion of the forms on the GOES Group website. These forms (section 4.a), are completed by the interested party, who shares certain information and in so doing gives full consent for the processing of their personal data.
- The execution of a contract.
- Compliance with the regulations in force.
4. What information do we process?
The information that we receive from users, or information that they share with us, is processed and managed as described below. The data are treated in strict confidentiality.
a) Information that users provide directly: GOES Group compiles and stores certain data that users enter in the web, in the following sections or forms.
|“Contact us” “Newsletter”||The information that the user provides us when completing each of these forms, that is, full name and e-mail.||Identification data.|
|“Sing in” |
|The information that the user provides when requesting registration/making a purchase/making a reservation: that is full name, ID or identification number, email, place of work, credit or debit card, and so on.||Identification data.|
b) Information that users provide indirectly:
|First- and third-party cookies||GOES Group uses first- and third-party cookies to distinguish between the users of the website. To do this, it records the following, but not limited to, information: the type of browser, the operating system, including the content users consult and the time of day they are active, as well as the online identifier (that is, the IP assigned to the user’s device).||Data deriving from the identification cookies.|
Data deriving from browsing.
4.1. Data quality: The user must guarantee, with regard to both GOES Group and third parties, the quality of the information and personal data provided through the GOES Group website. This implies that all personal data and information provided must be real, truthful, updated and belong to the user and not to third parties. In the event that the data belong to third parties, we assume that they have given their consent and we request that the third party be invited to view our legal texts as soon as possible.
4.2. Data modification: Users must notify GOES Group of any changes in the personal data provided, and are responsible for the veracity and accuracy of the data provided at all times.
5. What is the purpose of the data processing?
|Resolution of doubts, consultations and benefits||Sections created to enable users to contact GOES Group and briefly report their doubts or needs, thus encouraging communication between the two sides.|
|Provision of services||GOES Group may use the personal data that users provide:|
– When registering or logging in to the GOES Group’s website to confirm their identity and to verify their personal and contact details.
– To inform them of its operations by email and thus comply with internal procedures.
|Sharing data with third parties (exceptions)||– If strictly necessary for the services requested, in cases in which GOES Group collaborates with third parties.|
– When GOES Group is expressly and unequivocally authorized to do so by the user.
– When required to do so by the competent authorities in the exercise of their functions (to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities).
– If required to do so by legal provisions.
|Promotional messages with an option to cancel||With the user’s consent, GOES Group may use the personal data obtained in order to send information, news and advertising about its services and other similar services. In any case, users may ask not to receive informative e-mails by writing to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org or through the link that appears in the body of the e-mails the group sends. If requested to do so, GOES Group will no longer send this information.|
|First- and third-party cookies||– To enhance the user’s experience while using the website and to obtain information regarding their last visit the website uses technical and personalization cookies.|
– With the user’s consent, cookies may be installed to calculate the number of people who enter the website, and to store information on the behaviour of users obtained through the observation of their browsing habits (analytical cookies).
For detailed information on the cookies used and the purposes for which we use them, please consult our Cookies Policy.
6. How long will the data be stored?
Users’ personal data will be anonymized or deleted once they are no longer relevant to the purposes for which they were collected.
7. Who will be the recipients of the data?
The personal data that GOES Group records will be used exclusively to achieve the purpose defined on the GOES Group website. In order to fulfil this objective and to ensure the correct provision of the service, GOES Group may share certain personal data of users:
- If legally required to do so, GOES Group may share information with authorities and/or third parties regarding requests for information related to criminal investigations and alleged illegal activities.
- External service providers: certain companies subcontracted by GOES Group may have access to users’ personal data and information (always under the exclusive control of GOES Group) when necessary to provide our services:
8. Can the data be transferred internationally?
In the event that we transfer users’ personal data to a third country, that is, a country outside the European Economic Area (the countries of the European Union plus Liechtenstein, Iceland and Norway), we will comply with all laws applicable to such transfers, ensuring that users’ personal data are kept secure and applying safeguards to guarantee that there is adequate protection. To do so, GOES Group will use standard data protection clauses adopted by the European Commission.
9. What rights do users have regarding the data they provide?
Users may exercise the following rights in their relations with GOES Group:
- Right to rectification: users have the right to have their information corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right of erasure: Also known as the “right to be forgotten”; users are allowed to request the erasure of their information when it is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was recorded. This does not constitute a general right; there are exceptions.
- Right to limit the processing of data: users have rights that allow them to “block” or prevent the further use of their information. When the processing is limited, we will only keep users’ information for the exercise or defense of claims. Likewise, we keep lists of users who have requested that their information be “blocked” in order to ensure that the restriction is respected in the future.
- Right to data portability: users have rights that allow them to obtain and reuse their personal data for their own purposes in other services.
- Right to object: users have the right to object to certain types of processing, including processing for direct marketing purposes. This right may not apply in the case of compelling legitimate reasons, or the exercise or defence of possible claims.
The exercise of the aforementioned rights is personal, and so users will be required to prove their identity.
To exercise the aforementioned rights, provided for in the legislation, users may contact GOES Group via email email@example.com or in writing to the address listed in section 1 of this Policy. The communication must contain the following data and documents:
- Name and surname of the interested party, attaching a photocopy of the DNI or other valid identification document and, where appropriate, of the person who represents them; the use of the electronic signature will exempt them from the need to present these documents.
- Indication of the address of the interested party and document specifying the request (the right that is to be exercised).
Users will also have the right to file a claim with the corresponding Control Authority/Spanish Data Protection Agency (www.aepd.es), when they deem it appropriate.
10. How are users’ data protected?
GOES Group informs users that it has adopted the necessary technical and organizational measures required by current regulations on Data Protection to guarantee the security of their data, and in order to avoid unauthorized alteration, loss, access or treatment of the same.
As mentioned, the personal data provided by users through the GOES Group website will not be transferred to other entities or companies to be used for their own purposes. However, some companies subcontracted by GOES Group may have access to personal data and information, always under the exclusive control of GOES Group, for the sole purpose of providing a service necessary for the proper functioning of the GOES Group Website.
12. Applicable legislation
This Policy will be governed and interpreted in accordance with Spanish legislation, as will the resolution of any controversy or divergence related to this Website. The use of the services of the Website implies the express acceptance of Spanish jurisdiction.
Date of last update: April 2022.